Reishit News Archive
The Sondra and Howard Bender Chessed Fund
At Reishit, we emphasize the need to translate Torah ideas into practice. Accordingly, all students participate in our chessed and community service program on a regular basis. Throughout the year, our students participate in an array of volunteer opportunities.
Some of the chessed trips, projects and organizations that we have worked with so far this year:
- Packed food boxes for soldiers with Migdal Ohr and Rav Yitzchak Dovid Grossman
- Visited the residents at the Melabev senior citizen home
- Worked with the Beit Shemesh Community Center to tutor, play sports, and mentor local underprivileged youth
- Chizuk visit to the community of Sderot
- Hosted a blood drive with Magen David Adom
- Hosted a bone marrow drive with Gift of Life
- Through Lemaan Achai, collected food for their food pantry, built sukkahs for neighborhood families and assisted community members in various times of need.
- Helped set up and organize events for The Shabbos Project
- Weekly buddy program with Yachad
Sports and BBQ night with at-risk teens from Crossroads
Visited Siach Sod's vocational program for young adults with special needs
Packed and delivered food boxes with Yad Eliezer
Assisted Beit Shemesh Hatzalah with servicing and cleaning their warehouse and fleet of ambulances
We had a blast when we hosted Machon Fuerstein - Center for Children with Special Needs, for our annual Chanukah Carnival at yeshiva.
Hosted Yachad for shabbos and had an amazing shabbaton with them.
Packed and organized Mishloach Manot for victims of terror at One Family Fund.
Helped Lema'an Achai with their anual Matanot La'Evyonim campaign. On Purim morning we both collected and distributed tzedakah.
Raised money for Camp HASC, Yachad, Chai Lifeline, Shalva and other worthy organizations and represented them running in the Jerusalem Marathon.
Thank you to to The Sondra and Howard Bender Chessed Fund for making all of these events possible!